Tuesday, March 18, 2014

We are having a Baby!!






Another huge part of last year, we are expecting our first baby! We are so excited! Hunter and I had been wanting a baby for a while and I found out I was pregnant about a month after we moved into our house! I bought this cute little baby outfit to tell Hunter we were having a baby, although I had already told him I thought I was pregnant before I ever got the positive tests. I was so nervous I just blurted it out and didn't even use the outfit, HA! About a week later, I learned that I had lost that pregnancy. I was heartbroken and completely disappointed, but I was hopeful that the Lord would bless us with another pregnancy soon. And He did, the very next month! I was so happy and THANKFUL! I will not mention how many tests I took this time:)
(Ah-hem.14)




 Everything was fine and my blood work was looking good this time. I hadn't had any symptoms like the time before. Hunter and I went in for our 6 week ultrasound and to our surprise, there was nothing there. There was a Gestational sac, but no baby. They said "I dont wanna get your hopes up, the ultrasound does not look good. There should be something there by now." We left discouraged but hopeful, thinking maybe it was just a little too early? They told me to come back in one week. Over the next few days I had a few things happen that concerned me so I waited 3 days and went back in to see the Dr. He said "I doubt anything changed in 3 days and with the symptoms its not looking positive, but lets do another USG."

And right up on the screen was the sweetest thing I've ever seen! My Baby!!! I cried and cried, I was so happy!! I said is that a baby?? She said "yes, with a heartbeat of 114"
I was so amazed and overwhelmed with joy! Hunter did not go with me because we were honestly not expecting good news. I sent him the baby's picture and he said he was crying in the school parking lot:) What a wonderful day! I had a few follow-up ultrasounds and everything resolved at 13 weeks.

       





9 weeks





We really wanted to surprise our families so we waited till Christmas to tell them! Most of our friends already knew, but my sister was the only family member that knew!
We wrapped up 2 large boxes(my parents and Hunters parents) full of pink and blue balloons. At the bottom was taped this sign that said. "You are gonna be grandparents!" When the balloons came out, a few people understood, but we had to wait for them to read the note:) It was PERFECT! Just how I planned! Waiting 11 weeks was torture but so worth it. To my surprise, not one family member suspected anything, they were all truly shocked.










2 comments:

  1. I just caught up and YAY!!! Seeing all of your posts makes me so happy that we are friends and so sad that I don’t see you near enough!! I am so excited for what it to come for y’all this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am so excited! I wish I could see you all more often!:(

      Delete